Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Even I can look on the bright side

The months of October, November and December serve us up a whole lot of material around here in Chicagoland.  I have already made a commitment to avoid letting this blog become a referendum on life here in suburbia.  I'm also somewhat dedicated to not getting involved in any sort of electoral political blogging, and, finally, although not as ardently, I'm avoiding this blog becoming a food or craft blog.  Nonetheless, things happen.  Holidays come and go, elections pass, things are prepared and created, and such is life.  I must say that I woke up this morning a little groggy after about two hours tossing around in the middle of the night, worried about the abandonment of the earth in our precious democracy.
fingerless gloves, adorned w/sequins.
Then again, there is always the life of a hobbyist. As long as I can needlework, train and cook, lucky me.  When I was in the pool this morning, another silver lining crept into my mind.  Finally, I can move back to California. There is a Democrat in the governor's seat, and it's Jerry Brown, no less! Go figure, I was absent for the whole Schwarzenegger era.

No comments:

Post a Comment