Monday, November 1, 2010

Thus Diagnosed!

i must be sick with something
In years past, I've been accused of being hyper-vigilant when it comes to matters of health and wellness.  I'm often concerned that some sort of symptom that I experience is a sign of a greater disease, disorder, or eventual death.  Usually, a trip to the doctor proves that I'm healthy as can be and as long as I back off a bit from whatever it is I'm doing, I'll be fine.  So this morning I just received a call from my MD.  Turns out I actually have something!  She did a bit of blood work last week and my B12 numbers are low!  My multivitamin fortifies me with daily value of B12, but the doc says to mega-dose for a few months and we'll check again if my extremities are numb and if my numbers look any better.  What an adventure! Meanwhile, I'll continue to rely on my acupuncturist to lure my inner heat out to my extremities, she is working on my yin energy which is a bit off.  This is much more fun than taking a horse pill, but it's also a lot more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment