Saturday, August 13, 2011

The World's Largest Granny Square Part 2

Looks like I have competition right here in Spruce Point! As you may recall, I'm working on the world's largest granny square, but on my most recent visit to Dad at his care facility, I grabbed afghans to warm our laps while we crocheted and watched movie on TV.  Lo and behold, a quite large granny square, but if I put my mind to it, I shouldn't have a problem surpassing this size, about the size for a small lap blanket.
My blanket, on the right, is a large granny square. Dad's is an afghan of joined squares.
Soon it was lunchtime and Peter joined us.  I'm so happy that Peter came to Oregon for the entire trip and he proved his weight in gold. He spent more time with Dad than any of us! Great bonding time. Dad has always loved "Pete" and this week proved it.
Peter and Jack, lunchtime
And just in case, loyal reader, you thought I'd visit Florence without including a photo of my beloved Siuslaw, forget it! Weather was extremely placid and I told Ashby that it was so beautiful that I could cry. 

low tide

"Why don't you cry, then?" She said.

"Oh, I don't know," I said.

1 comment: