Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Last Long Ride!

With two weeks to go, a fifty mile ride and I am D O N E.  It took a while,  but I didn't want to exhaust myself, and the goal these days is to stay vertical, on the bike and the run. I guess while swimming the idea is to stay horizontal, but that's another post. Today was spectacular with a hint of fall in the air.  Michael kindly rode with me, which is a rarity these days, he's so incredibly strong, but what's a taper if you can't go out and ride easy with friends?   It was certainly an educational experience for me.  Most people might assume that a ride with Michael would be filled with lots of technical advice, but what I learned about isn't fit to print, frankly, so if you, LF, want to know what I learned, you'll have to take me out for a beer or coffee.  My education didn't end with our topic of conversation, however.  I learned a new route in to town from Waterfall Glen.  John told me the other day to NOT ride any new routes, but this isn't a new route for Michael, just myself.  It's a perfectly suitable return home, with a bit less traffic and of course alternate routes are always a good thing.  But the best part of our ride change was the ride on a section of road formerly a piece of Route 66.  Things got better when we turned a corner, and there it was, what I've been waiting to visit for eight years and haven't gotten around to it!!!!! 
My day is over! It doesn't get any better than this!!!!!

Del Rhea's Chicken Basket!!!! I was in heaven! Too bad I didn't have the fancy camera for this important moment, but the smartphone suited me just fine.  I can't wait to go for a ride someday and stop for lunch. Today we were a bit early.  I see a new training regime in the works for 2012.  Bike ride/fried chicken/bike ride!!!!  Change is good! We need to give a new light to our well-worn routine around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment