Saturday, April 2, 2011

TBFTGOGGI

So we got the call in the middle of the night that Dad had fallen and was en route to hospital, most likely not serious.  Dad was downright giddy at Peace Harbor...singing "Three O'Clock in the Morning..." I reminded him that he always fooled me on April First.  Quick as anything..."Look! There's Mom!" He can still get me.  When I get back to Regency I learn that there was a malfunction with the alarm that alerts employees when he's up and about...oops!
These folks are well-intentioned and over-worked, but perhaps someone was busy toilet-papering the administrator's office and forgot to plug Dad's alarm
in.  I know, I know, someone would turn this into an opportunity to get indignant and outraged...but my response is more of a shrug....another day in eldercare....there but for the grace of god go I.

No comments:

Post a Comment