Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where's karen at?

Holy mackerel, this workaday week thing is a killer.  I'm snapping at the kids, yelling at Peter, so much so that by the end of the week I had no voice (actually, I have a terrible cold).  Peter proclaimed that he sort of likes it when I can't talk.  Yeah, right.  Oh well, it is a mere week before Christmas and we're feeling it around here, big time.  It's completely dark before 5:00 and we just had our first snowfall of any sort of accumulation.
The la-di-da song!!!!!!
Today was a good day, though.  We headed out for a midday show of Redmoon Theater's Winter Pageant  and followed it with a great afternoon supper at Mana.  Redmoon's Winter Pageant is a wonderful holiday tradition with Nan and the four of us.  Every December Redmoon creates some delightful show.  Timing is crucial, because whatever day it is we are heading to the show, I'm tired, stressed, and simply down on the grey and increasing cold.  Everything is sort of buzzing in my ears and I wonder, what can I possibly do to save myself?  The show, without fail, is a surprising delight.  This year's show is The Teeny Lounge.  All children were invited to don some costume-wear and sit at tiny cabaret style tables before the stage. We knew we were in for a different performance than that we've seen before.  We laughed until we cried, all five of us pleased with our afternoon.
Then off to Mana, shared plates of sesame noodles, hummus w/bread & veggies, brussels sprouts with miso mustard sauce, potato pancakes with apple sauce and sour cream, chili, spanikopita, and mushroom sliders.  It was all terrific, and we can't wait to go back again!  In fact, on weeknights 4-7 there is a special, 7.50 for two sliders and a beer, yum!!!! Can I get there and back during the kids' swim practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment