Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bikini is to crochet as sock is to knit.

 What's an Ironwoman to do? Duty calls at work and with the children.  I'm completely overwhelmed with my own reality.  Is my life really this busy?  I'm not really training anymore, and all of my time seems to be spoken for.  I'm forgetting events ( yesterday  I completely missed an appointment with a notary), and I'm forgetting names and places and more.  Oh well.

There is always an unfinished or even un-started project to sweep my attention away, given the few spare hours I have.  It's another fabulous Sunday afternoon and I've just put the finishing touches on my bikini top.

Many people seem startled when I announce that I'm working on a bikini top (and eventually, bottom), I have absolutely no idea why.   I crochet, I swim, I love sun, I'm a self-absorbed triathlete.  The only question, as far as I can tell, is, why have I waited so long to conquer the bikini?  Bikini is to crochet as sock is to knit.  It's a no-brainer, really.  So here, fresh off the hook:
Mom: do you want your head in the shot?




Mom! Flex!






Mom....you're strong!
Kids, six pack?

1 comment: