Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In this town, weather is Always an excuse...

Magnolia!
...even today.  It's the first day of spring and we're literally baking in the heat.  About 85 degrees, balmy wind, bright sun.  What's going on here? And what do we have to look forward to? Our bird watching date will have to be moved forward about a month, and I just traded out our glass for screen doors.  Stowed the boots, gloves, hats, etc. and took this brilliant afternoon for a stroll to the park with our young  roller-blader. Can't really tell in the photograph, but she *was* physically ill at about 5:30 this morning.    
an instant before the crash.

Sitting on a park bench, finishing a merino wool & silk wrap, I thought to myself: "it really feels too hot." 


 
The Moebius Loop Cowl: once around the shoulders or twice around collar
It felt so hot, in fact, that I couldn't imagine going for a jog or a ride. After all, we've hardly had an opportunity to acclimate, nor have we prepared ourselves psychologically for sudden heat.  Actually, I think that the only proper response to this heatwave is to go out for a beer and sit on a shady porch.  So, according to me, there it is, any time of year in Chicago. No matter what the weather, training for ultra distance events really isn't the first thing that comes to mind, even for a hard core junkie like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment