Saturday, November 26, 2011

There are friends...and then there are Facebook friends...

hmmm....what if i go riding with the guys and get dropped for the third day in a row....
Back too sore after two days of riding?  What's a gal to do?  Why, join Facebook, naturally!  It's a long weekend, and I can finally wrap my brain around the inevitable.  I figure I've got a few hours of noodling around, figuring out the settings and how to link to my blog.  Ask a bunch of people to be my friends, and then, wa la!  It'll be a controlled addiction that I can walk away from, any day. 

Oh my god!!!! Look how many people I can invite to be my friend!!!!
 So here I am, trolling through other people's lists of contacts, wondering who I should first offer my timid hand of friendship.  Brian, bless his heart, acknowledged that he was an early bird, and for good reason. This phenomenal swim coach has been in my address book for years and years.  Stephanie, of course, is one of the reasons that we even join Facebook, to see pictures of our extended family that we don't see often enough (Peter quotes Candelin as saying that Facebook is *handy*).  Peter is a no brainer, and so are the Lubs, since I've already heard about Mark's legendary posts.  Scott, well, the master of Facebook, is another no-brainer. Sometimes if you want to be friends with someone, you have to be a Facebook friend with them.  That, i suppose, is about getting with the times and accepting reality.  No matter how you slice it, one of the great benefits now afforded me, is that it gives me more to do with my Smartphone....oops...that could be a bad thing.  Anyway, the flood gates are open and I'm ready for the new year!!!!  Friends, here we come!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Karen: So glad to be your FB friend--and honored to be invited so early in the game.

    Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 48 hours in and I'm not sure if I can manage the addiction....it's so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete