Friday, July 27, 2012

The World's Largest Granny Square...it grows!!!!

The World's Largest Granny Square...it grows!!!! Oh, how I love a perfect day at the beach. Let me count the ways.  Joyce Carol Oates newest novel: Mudwoman, child playing in the water, swim to the barn & back, for me, and the absence of intense heat, bugs, and all that hype.  It doesn't get much better than this.
have crochet, have JCO, shade, water view, check!

OK, it's not as big as the largest AFGHAN, but Granny Square, for now we're making progress!

OK, ya'll time to unleash an agenda.
And it grows!!!!  But we might as well talk about something that matters, now that I've dragged you along this far.  Middle westerners take note. This is a bay in the Green Bay, of Lake Michigan.  See the water behind me?  I can personally attest to the drop in water level by the tune of 6 or more feet in our swimming area in the past 10 years.  Seriously!  So, when people start talking about losing freshwater in our incredible Great Lakes Area it is no joke.  So, summer fun aside, what can we do?  Pay attention, this matters, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment