Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Holiday Weekend

Some of our neighbors aren't afraid of showing their own sense of flair.

photo credit: Addie

Sunday evening walk. Could we be any happier?
Ahh summer! I Heard that there were more than a few folks who regard Memorial Day Monday as a time to go ahead and work.  Call me nostalgic, but of all the holidays, this is simply the best.  It's the portal into the next season.  Although Oak Park saw some rain and downright depressing weather this weekend, it was obviously an opportunity to slow down, take a walk, work on the yard, eat some burgers, play a family game.  It was quiet and subdued and topped off by an amazing ninety-plus degree day with a pink sunset.  One friend of mine wondered aloud, "where I got my rose colored glasses?" Up until now,  I thought I left them back in California about twenty years ago, but every once in a while, everything seems simply perfect and I can be as optimistic and sunny as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment